Quantum, the world leader in marine stabilization, provides a world-class workplace, purpose-built for our marine industry careers and jobs.
As a company, Quantum is a place where team-oriented people find a supportive and collaborative work environment that both challenges and rewards its employees.
Hourly; Non-Exempt; Full-Time
The Senior Buyer will oversee and coordinate all activities involved with purchasing parts and materials according to company purchasing guidelines. This position will work directly with the Materials Manager to ensure that appropriate stock levels are maintained and on-time delivery for production and service activities is achieved. Maintain an updated enterprise resource planning (ERP) database, with regards to parts inventory. Work across departmental lines with Production, Engineering, and fellow Parts Center employees along with vendors, and suppliers to achieve company goals.
Core duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Generate purchasing recommendation reports and actions accordingly.
• Generate and issue purchase orders for parts both manually and through ‘auto generate’ software.
• Negotiate best value for purchased products.
• Negotiate with suppliers on cost, lead time, delivery, quality, etc.
• Monitor and forecast inventory levels to ensure sufficient stock levels.
• Determine the quantity and timing of delivery.
• Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on the forecast, demand variation, and material lead times.
• Ensure vendors and suppliers provide quality products as requested.
• Liaise and assist the Engineering and Production departments with the creation and control of Bills of Materials in Great Plains.
• Authorize return of merchandise, payment of invoices, and shipping charges.
• Research, reconcile, and rectify purchase order and inventory discrepancies.
• Maintain and update enterprise resource planning (ERP) databases (i.e. product profile including lead time, price, stock levels, minimum and maximum rules, etc.).
• Generate, expedite, and create past due reports.
• Analyze results of expedite and past due reports and take necessary steps to ensure orders are properly and timely processed.
• Maintain business relationships with suppliers and monitor their performance to ensure they meet company standards.
• Coordinate material flows throughout product and bill of materials changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and materials due to new product development.
• Proactively identify bottle necks and supply chain problems and take appropriate actions to report and alleviate them.
• Ensure compliance with, and establish if needed, operational and control procedures.
• Identify new suppliers when required and as needed.
• Make recommendations on cost reduction and process improvement opportunities to the Materials, Production, and Engineering manager.
• Maintain accurate inventory records of all items.
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
• Generate reports for management as required. (i.e. project costs, forecasts, etc.).
• Experience with Great Plains ERP a plus.
• Experience with Hydraulic and Mechanical assemblies.
• Assist with daily departmental operations as needed, including:
• Assist with customer support.
• Assist with packing and logistics.
• Any and all duties as reasonably assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent years of experience are required.
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, materials management, or related field is preferred.
• 7+ years of production and/or manufacturing purchasing experience is required.
• 5+ years of experience with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) database is required.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) is preferred.
• Experience with Hydraulic and Mechanical assemblies is preferred.
• 3+ years of experience with inventory management is required.
• Experience with custom manufacturing is required.
• Experience with computerized material stock control is required.
• Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) is required.
• Highly organized with good time management skills.
• Detail oriented with the ability to accurately multi-task in order to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of all aspects of business operations, including finance, accounting, materials management, engineering, quality, manufacturing, and safety.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities across departmental lines in order to meet tight deadlines.
• Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet Company values.
• Proactive, and collaborative attitude with the ability to work well with all Company employees, customers, vendors, and suppliers.
• Ability to use tact and skill in dealing and negotiating with vendors, suppliers and customers.
Hourly; Non-Exempt; Full-Time
Service Technicians are integral customer facing employees who are tasked with ensuring the continual operation and service of Quantum Systems worldwide. Service Technicians are involved in installation, troubleshooting, and repair of Quantum systems and retrofit third party equipment associated with marine stabilizer systems. Service Technicians must maintain and enhance the reputation and image of the Company through their dealings with shipyards, vessels, and customers.
Service Technician I, begins with learning the various intricacies of the Quantum Systems, while gaining knowledge and experience on their maintenance and repair.
Core duties include but are not limited to the following:
This position requires extensive domestic and international travel, occasionally for extended periods of time. While all efforts will be made to cooperatively schedule the travel and the time spent away from the office, this position necessitates the flexibility to work unsociable hours, extended hours, and to travel with minimal-to-no notice. When not working at a customer site the normal work location will be the main office. A valid passport and driver’s license is a requirement of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position operates primarily in shipyards inside and outside of vessels including engine rooms, which can be confined/restrictive spaces. The work involves prolonged periods of standing, bending, sitting, and kneeling. The work will be performed inside and outside of vessels and shipyards with varying degrees of temperatures. This role routinely uses standard manufacturing and marine equipment such as hand and power tools. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. The employee will regularly be maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as hand trucks, forklifts, and passenger vehicles. Proper training and certification of forklift use will be provided, if needed. Compliant with the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Do you have a passion for the marine industry? Do marine industry jobs and careers excite you? Does the sea naturally call your name? Do you know the fundamental engineering principles behind hydraulic systems, naval architecture, and mechanical/electric systems? If you answered yes to any of these you can inquire about joining us for a semester or a summer.
We are always searching for talented individuals whose ideas and ambition will dovetail with the Quantum culture and vision for the future.
If you are currently in college, about to graduate, or just recently graduated, Quantum may have an internship available for you. If you are ready to take a break from the books and acquire real world hands-on experience, continue to our application tab and apply today!
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. We comply with all applicable Federal, State and Local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in the application or interview phases are intended to gain information in violation of any such law nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.
Upon request, assistance or accommodations due to disability may be granted during the application process.
Click the link below to download the Quantum Employment Application form. Submit completed forms to the email referenced in the application.
QUANTUM EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION