Quantum, the world leader in marine stabilization, provides a world-class workplace, purpose-built for our marine industry careers and jobs.
As a company, Quantum is a place where team-oriented people find a supportive and collaborative work environment that both challenges and rewards its employees.
This position is responsible for the consultancy, design, implementation, integration, testing, transfer of knowledge, and successful delivery of Microsoft Dynamics GP solutions. The position will spend the majority of time analyzing current Dynamics GP practices and will develop clean, well-designed, well-documented, reusable solutions. This position will participate as a member of a special team with cross-functional member contribution.
Core duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Serves as a consultant to collaborate with the Data Management Team to accomplish the company’s goals.
• Analyze legacy work processes and flows for inefficiencies and improvement opportunities in overall corporate data structure.
• Investigate, analyze, and identify key business requirements and issues.
• Troubleshoot problems and recommend appropriate actions.
• Research solution alternatives and provide comprehensive findings to Data Management Team.
• Identify creative solutions for processes not typically accomplished by Dynamics GP.
• Develop new processes and procedures as needed.
• Provide documentation such as templates, best practices, etc. for new processes and procedures.
• Ensure recommendations are viable, implemented, tested, and end user is trained.
• Manage the work of consultants partnered with Quantum as assigned by the Data Management Team.
• Any duties as reasonably assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities, however, management of 3rd party consultants contracted by Quantum and as assigned by the Data Management Team may be required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field is required.
• 3-5 years of Microsoft Dynamics GP experience is required.
• Proficient experience with related Microsoft Dynamics GP independent software vendor (ISV) products is required.
• Intermediate experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP modules including Manufacturing, Inventory and Order Processing, Core Financials, and Management Reporter is required.
• 3+ years of consultancy experience is preferred.
• Experience using data integration software such as EConnect or Kingswaysoft is preferred.
• 5+ years of Accountancy experience is preferred.
• Prior Certified Public Accountant licensure is preferred.
This position does not require travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly sitting for long periods of time. Compliant with the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Hourly; Non-Exempt; Full-Time
Service Technicians are integral customer facing employees who are tasked with ensuring the continual operation and service of Quantum Systems worldwide. Service Technicians are involved in installation, troubleshooting, and repair of Quantum systems and retrofit third party equipment associated with marine stabilizer systems. Service Technicians must maintain and enhance the reputation and image of the Company through their dealings with shipyards, vessels, and customers.
Service Technician I, begins with learning the various intricacies of the Quantum Systems, while gaining knowledge and experience on their maintenance and repair.
Core duties include but are not limited to the following:
This position requires extensive domestic and international travel, occasionally for extended periods of time. While all efforts will be made to cooperatively schedule the travel and the time spent away from the office, this position necessitates the flexibility to work unsociable hours, extended hours, and to travel with minimal-to-no notice. When not working at a customer site the normal work location will be the main office. A valid passport and driver’s license is a requirement of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position operates primarily in shipyards inside and outside of vessels including engine rooms, which can be confined/restrictive spaces. The work involves prolonged periods of standing, bending, sitting, and kneeling. The work will be performed inside and outside of vessels and shipyards with varying degrees of temperatures. This role routinely uses standard manufacturing and marine equipment such as hand and power tools. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. The employee will regularly be maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as hand trucks, forklifts, and passenger vehicles. Proper training and certification of forklift use will be provided, if needed. Compliant with the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Do you have a passion for the marine industry? Do marine industry jobs and careers excite you? Does the sea naturally call your name? Do you know the fundamental engineering principles behind hydraulic systems, naval architecture, and mechanical/electric systems? If you answered yes to any of these you can inquire about joining us for a semester or a summer.
We are always searching for talented individuals whose ideas and ambition will dovetail with the Quantum culture and vision for the future.
If you are currently in college, about to graduate, or just recently graduated, Quantum may have an internship available for you. If you are ready to take a break from the books and acquire real world hands-on experience, continue to our application tab and apply today!
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. We comply with all applicable Federal, State and Local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in the application or interview phases are intended to gain information in violation of any such law nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.
Upon request, assistance or accommodations due to disability may be granted during the application process.
Click the link below to download the Quantum Employment Application form. Submit completed forms to the email referenced in the application.
QUANTUM EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION